International Commercial Arbitrator
- Doug has been identified by a number of directories as a leader in his field, including:
- Chambers Asia-Pacific says that “[h]e is regarded by many as “the leading construction arbitrator in the world”” and awarded him a Band One ranking in the International Arbitration Category (2016).
- Doug Jones was named Sydney International Arbitration “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers® (2015).
- Doug Jones was ranked in the list of 15 of the “Most Highly Regarded Individuals” in the global Construction Law category by Who’s Who Legal (2015).
- Doug Jones was joint runner-up in the category of the “Best Prepared and Responsive Arbitrator Award” in the 2013 Global Arbitration Review Awards.
Doug Jones is a leading international commercial and investor/state arbitrator.
Doug has experience in both ad hoc and institutional commercial arbitrations under the AAA, ACCL, ACICA, AMINZ, CCCL, DIAC, HKIAC, IAMA, ICC, ICDR, ICSID KLRCA, LCIA, SIAC, UNCITRAL and other international rules. He sits regularly as an arbitrator in London; in addition to many other jurisdictions, from Singapore to California, Dubai to Kuala Lumpur.
He has also acted as counsel and mediator in numerous ADR procedures in infrastructure related disputes. He uses a flexible approach as the key to success in ADR procedures.
The arbitrations in which he has been involved include infrastructure, energy, commodities, intellectual property, commercial and joint venture, and investor-state disputes spanning over 30 jurisdictions around the world with sums claimed up to US$1 billion.
Doug has published and spoken extensively and holds professorial appointments at a London university and two Australian universities.
He has an office in Sydney, Australia and chambers in London, UK and Toronto, Canada.